Sometimes the more tired you feel the less productive you are and then the worse you feel. I'm giving our fridge and our plates a little DETOX and you're going to love what I have in store for you!
I started with a Soy Free Pineapple Kale Smoothie recipe.
Asian Chicken Wraps
- 2 tsp OLIVE or COCONUT oil *NEVER use canola oil*
- 8 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- **Or supplement with a FRESH option**
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp lower-sodium soy sauce *Preferably Non-GMO*
- 1/2 tsp honey
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Place mushrooms in a large bowl, set aside.
Add chicken, garlic and ginger to skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes or until chicken is brown, breaking the meat up as it cooks. Combine the chicken mixture with the bowl of mushrooms; add green onions and water chestnuts; toss together. Combine sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, lower-sodium soy sauce, honey and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl; whisk to mix well. Divide chicken mixture evenly between each lettuce leaf and top with sesame oil mixture. Optional: Garnish with fun, bright extras, like the red peppers and scallions seen above.