Thursday, April 19, 2012

Harvest Recipe: Onions, Cilantro and Jalapeno

Another easy recipe from Back to the Basics: Texas Caviar.

I'm not really sure why it's "Texas,"  it just is!  This recipe seems to get better if it sits in the fridge for a day.  The flavor is fresh and spicy.

Texas Caviar (My version)
While the recipe calls for canned items I try to use homemade items that I have either frozen or canned myself.


1 can Black Beans, OR 2 cups black beans from scratch
1 can Whole Kernel Corn
1/2 a Red Onion, chopped
1 Red or Green Bell Pepper, chopped

2 Jalapenos, chopped
1/2 bunch Cilantro, chopped
2 Limes, squeezed.  Add only the juice.

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate. Serve over rice or eggs, with chips or in tacos.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great, Mary! I am definitely going to make this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Mary's Kitchen and taking the time to comment! Please do not leave links in comments. They will be deleted.
Have an awesome day!
-Mary