Saturday, July 27, 2013

Our Real Food Challenge day #5 and #6

Good Morning!!! Just in case this is your first time checking out Mary's Kitchen...

Mary's Kitchen
At the moment we are ?? bloggers (and more) participating in this challenge:
Joyce @ It's Your Life 
Lydia @ Lydia's Flexitarian Kitchen  
Maureen @ It's All Connected
Melinda @ Auntie Em's Guide    
Courtney @ The Crunchy Deliquent  
Kristina @ Mother's Niche 
Taylor @ Mama has Pink Hair 
and me...Mary @ Mary's Kitchen and Back to the Basics

Have you seen the pattern yet?  I like my coffee and I love lemon water!  Both day 5 and 6 went the same for the morning. Oatmeal for breakfast.  I managed to make Basil Lemonade for tomorrow.

Day 4 was fun.  For lunch we had a fun creation that I definitely make again.  Egg in a Pepper!
It was so easy to make.  Slice a 2 thin rounds of bell pepper.  Cook for about 1 minute on high in approx 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Add an egg to the center and cover.  Flip after approx 2 minutes.  It should be cooked for an additional minute and then it's done!
Dinner for Day #5 was another delicious protein shake.

Double Chocolate Gone Greek!

1 scoop ProFIT chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup organic greek yogurt
8 ounces dark chocolate Almond Milk
1 banana
Ice

Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.




I have a confession to make for Day #6.  I totally cheated for lunch.  While at work a friend came in and she was so upset.  My husband and I took her to lunch to cheer her up.  I could have suggested a healthier option but I know they both love cuban food.
I ate grilled chicken, beans and spanish rice, chips and salsa.  And Yes, all but the chips are real food but for ME the challenge was to eat everything from scratch.

I was so full from lunch that I didn't even eat dinner.  I fixed my husband a protein shake and I ate a few pieces of watermelon.

Not the end of the world!  Tomorrow is Day #7 and I have a few fun food things planned.  Stay tuned!

How has the challenge been for you?  Do you have a recipe to share?  
The REAL Food Linky is still open AND Lydia set up a Pintrest board.  Stop by and share your real Food creations!
I am considering hosting another Real Food Challenge in August.  Sign ups have already begun.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea! Maybe I will join you in August.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of eggs in pepper rings. Good luck on your continued challenge.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at "The Saturday Spotlight party"!
    Have a great weekend!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for new ways to make eggs and the pepper rings look like fun! Thanks for hosting the challenge. I had a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing blog you have! Now following. I am stopping by from Inspire Me Monday Blog Hop. I look forward to your visit at http://www.homemaker-mom.com/2/post/2013/07/old-boxes-with-a-new-purpose.html. Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Mary's Kitchen and taking the time to comment! Please do not leave links in comments. They will be deleted.
Have an awesome day!
-Mary